Smoothies are a summer staple.
Give your body a nutritional boost by adding one (or more) of the following to your smoothie:
- Flax meal – it’s already ground so just add a tablespoon.
- Hemp protein – excellent for frozen coffee smoothies (check out this delicious vegan recipe). Buy at your local health food store – usually in the supplement section.
- Coconut oil
- Chia seeds – it really expands so just use a little! Purchase at your local health food store or online.
- Cacao nibs – these give you smoothie a wonderful texture and flavor – but be sure to blend well
- Raw cashew nuts – great for creamy smoothies, use instead of milk and be sure to soak overnight. I put mine in a glass container in the fridge to soften up. Easy!
- Buy an awesome blender if you don’t already have one. It’ll perfect the consistency and make the ingredients easier for your body to digest. Less digestion time = more energy throughout the day.
- Everyone swears by Vitamix for a reason.. they’re the best brand, in my opinion and they last a really long time. Can’t afford one? Try a refurbished model for a fraction of the cost.